Heavy Metal (Tungsten Heavy-Metal Alloys, WHAs)is a tungsten alloy with a tungsten percentage greater than 90% and is used in all applications where a particularly high density material is required.
It is the ideal solution for vibration absorption, for machining with shocks up to 15 times the diameter of the bar.
The current uses of WHAs include a wide range of applications:
· Weights for the balancing of aircraft, helicopter rotors and missiles.
· High power penetrators for heavy armoured vehicles
· Radiation shielding
· Containers of radioactive isotopes
· High performance projectiles for underwater hunting
· Gyro components
· Balance weights for racing boats and racing cars
· In the optical industry: microscopes and measuring instruments.
Grades OUTILS and their applications: